Wet and dirty floors are the two big reasons for workplace injuries. This can adversely impact the business revenue, productivity, and reputation. To limit the possibilities of workplace injuries, it is very important to pay attention to the floor and implement measures to keep it clean.
One of the best ways to do it is to use strategically placed floor mats that offer a wide range of safety advantages to a business. Read on to know more about how a floor mat and other types of matting solutions can promote a safe workspace for your business.
Ultimate Mats is a reputed store that sells durable, affordable, and eye-catching custom logo mats for business promotion. Their mattresses not just keep the place clean, safe but also creates a great impression on business clients. In this way, this economical business promotional tool can boost sales, and yield greater revenue in the business.
Where to use floor mats to prevent slip and fall injuries?
Following are the places that are susceptible to injuries. A floor mat serves to be an effective solution to ensure safety and prevention of slipping accidents.
- Use scraper mats outside the doorway and carpet wiper mats inside doorways to give relief from dirt and moisture.
- Keep Sidewalks and Ramps swept and power-washed to eliminate thick deposits of grime
- Heavily trafficked areas like walkways should be clear of power cords, boxes, and other types of tripping hazards that could result in slipping accidents.
- To prevent uneven floor transitions, it is advised to cover the walkway transition using a thick mat. Areas that are prone to the spilling of liquid should be protected by rubber drainage mats. It helps enhance traction and facilitate drainage too.
- Stairs and Landings should be covered with rubber tiles and vinyl sheets to enhance stability and traction on every step.
Uses of floor mats at a workplace
Investing in high-quality floor mats can offer you the following types of benefits to a home and business.
Help Prevent Trips and Slips
Floor mats are a potential safety management measure to limit slips and trip injuries. Use of dry and wet-area floor mats with special tread patterns and beveled edges is encouraged to provide sure footing. It helps reduce the chances of slips and trips in areas that experience heavy traffic and accidents such as aisles, walkways, and other longer spaces.
Provide Efficient Drainage Capabilities
Slippery or wet surfaces are considered to be a major contributor to slip, fall, and trip injuries, and unexpected spills or puddles. Another benefit of using a floor mat is that it comes with drainage abilities to deal with spills. Investment in wet area floor mats equipped with drainage capabilities can ensure the safety of a workplace.
An unclean and wet floor presents common scenarios that lead to a slip, fall, or trip incident in the office or home. Floor mats are a great way to ensure a clean and safe floor and prevent the possibility of an injury. Using the correct floor mats and other forms of matting solutions, a home or a business can significantly reduce cases of slips, trips, and falls of employees to a great extent.